Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Equestrian Chic, with Head Over Heels with Melanie!

I'm so excited for this post! I collaborated with my friend (and in this case, stylist and photographer!) Melanie, of Head Over Heels with Melanie, to create wearable, modern equestrian chic looks. The inspiration came from an amazing Kate Spade purse (no longer available in this color), and when I got it, I immediately texted Melanie to say "we have to do an equestrian photo shoot!" 
She excitedly agreed, we set a date, and started planning! 
We scoured my closet, and with the help of some of Melanie's amazing scarves (and style sense of course) and my variety of Stella and Dot Jewelry we styled a few looks we both loved! 
(and would wear any day!)


Of course, the boots are a must, and skinny jeans are the best for them. I die for my leather gloves, blazers and button downs. I think I lived the equestrian lifestyle in a previous life!


For another, more classic style, we added Melanie's vintage scarf that she has had and loves dearly. It was perfect for the look and the scenery! It couldn't have been better!


For the 3rd look, we changed it up with my statement blazer, beautiful hunter green scarf and a classic white button up. The hair came down for a casual feel.


And finally, to go full equestrian... we added Melanie's favorite "New York, I wore it all the time and loved it dearly" hat. Perfect!


All images courtesy of Melanie 
Shopping:
(Jeans: JBrand similar; Blue Button up: Gap; Blue Blazer, H&M old similar; Orange Blazer: Gap; Boots: Franco Sarto old similar; Bag: Kate Spade no longer available similar; Scarves, vintage; Gloves: Banana Republic similar; All Jewelry: My Stella and Dot Site)
post signature

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are AMAZING! Great styling!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete

 
custom blog design