Monday, May 28, 2012

Bridal Stylist Photo Shoot

Happy Memorial Day to all! First I want to say a great big "Thank You!" to everyone who put their lives on the line for our country. You're appreciated more than you know!

I wanted to share a sneak peak into a photo shoot I was a part of yesterday. It was for my friend Melanie's (Lola's mama, for those of you familiar with my favorite dog) new Bridal Styling business that she is starting. It was a whirl-wind day for all, but mostly for Mel and her super helpful husband Andrew. It was an all day shoot, that was really 4 shoots in 1 day. I was in the last shoot of the day, the "Clambake Coral" or nautical bride/bridesmaid shoot. It was very a very fun, very long day... but I'm so happy for Melanie and everyone involved. I'm only sharing a few pics, so that the big reveal can happen on her website!... It's her business after all! I'll let everyone know more details later. :) Not only was I a part of the shoot, but so was some feature pieces of my Stella & Dot Jewelry! So perfect and such a wonderful fit with the summer line.
Here you go...

This is a quick shot that Mel took of me at the site, to give you an idea of how we were all styled. Stripes and Coral and Braids, oh my! :) (thanks for the pic Mel) How cute is that La Coco Coral necklace from S&D! Worked out perfectly!


I did a quick up-do on the "bride" before our shoot. Like I said, ours was the last of the day, so we had some time to get ready and do our hair and makeup. It was fun to play, and it turned out super cute! I was texting "approval" photos to Melanie throughout the process so that she could "yes or no" them while she was out on the other shoots. She "yes'd" this one.

Another approval shot... this time, of the style I did on my own hair, with a smidge of humor added in for Mel. ;) aka, me being a goof-ball. 


Once we were all dressed and styled by the talented Melanie, we were off to our nautical location, which due to holiday events in San Francisco, ended up being the Embarcadero...it was perfect to say the least. What a gorgeous day in the city! AND we found parking, which was amazing. (If you've ever been there on a sunny weekend you understand.)

Here's a quick shot of the bride after getting out of the car. So cute! Love that Stella&Dot necklace! 

There were so many people out and about... and we grabbed this "groom" as soon as we spotted him! How lucky for us and how sweet of him (and his understanding wife) to suddenly become part of the shoot! Perfect!

Stella&Dot was on the ready, along with my "walking" shoes. I wore patent nude heels in the shoot that, well, were not "made for walkin'."

After everything was done, we (the "bride" and me) headed home for a much needed meal. (we hadn't eaten since breakfast!) We went for the healthiest option obviously. It was the most delicious meal ever at 4:45pm. 

Then, finally, I went to Melanie and Andrew's house to take Lola for a walk since they had some other things to do in San Francisco that evening. She was very excited to see me! (or anyone probably, but I'm going to say it was totally because it was me!)


Such a fun day, and I can't wait to share more details with the you once they are all available!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!


For info on the Stella & Dot jewelry you see here, contact me through my Independent Stylist site at 


post signature

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks! All the pics were gorgeous... can't wait to be able to share more in the future!

      Delete
  2. i can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I saw a few shots from the photographer and they were amazing to say the least! I'll share more when I can!

      Delete
  3. What a fun day! These photos just leave me wanting more; can't wait for the official unveiling.

    After all of that work, I think you are forgiven for your healthy meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally fun day! And that meal was SO worth it! I'll let everyone know when the pics are up live for the public! They are amazing!

      Delete
  4. adore your blog! and love this post. you looked GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! It was great meeting you... and your amazing feathery dress! You rocked both looks for sure! ;)

      Delete
  5. look at YOU!! styling your hurr, your gooorl's hurr (which is lovely BTW), taking photos and being an awesome friend helping her get some chow! Love it gooorl!! you look adorbs as always!!

    I'm hosting my 1st giveaway today to say THANK YOU! lalalovelearnandlaugh.blogspot.com!

    Xo,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! It was a fun day! I'll check out your blog asap!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! I am so jealous! This looks like so much fun!!
    And how awesome that you "found" a guy to play the groom!

    Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun! It was pure luck that he was walking down the street with his fam! So kind of him to offer to be in a few pics! I'll post more when I'm allowed to!

      Delete

 
custom blog design