Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Lunch with Andy Cohen

That's right, THE Andy Cohen. I don't think I've fully discussed my love of reality TV, mostly that which resides on Bravo. It's a problem really, more than a love. I must watch. That Andy and his brilliant casting has hooked me in no matter what. I've watched "The Real Housewives" series since season 1 of the OC and literally every episode of every city since. I've been listening to Vicky Gunvalson "wahoo" for many years. I can't get enough of it. 

My love doesn't stop at housewives. Generally speaking, if it's on Bravo, I'm watching it. I also watch every episode of "Watch What Happens Live", which Andy Cohen hosts. ("Andy Cohen's got the 4-1-1...") Andy's officially a part of my life and I'm okay with that. I'm even more okay with it after my "encounter" with him on Wednesday.

By some miracle, he was doing a book signing/interview/lunch event in the very small, town-next-to-my-home-town, on a Wednesday at noon. Say Whaaaaat!? My friend and co-worker Dan told me about it and I called for tickets immediately. 2 minutes later I had purchased tickets to have lunch, listen to Andy get interviewed and get his book signed. I asked my very understanding manager (who is a huge fan as well) for the day off and she said yes. It was on!

First I had to choose my outfit (I mean, I blog about fashion mostly so of course this was important!) - not too dressy, but still put together. (see whole outfit here) I also had to allow plenty of time to be sure my "side pony" was perfectly imperfect. Somehow I knew he would notice. (In my dreams right?) I sound a little ridiculous, but he talks about his love for the side pony so obviously it had to happen. I was NOT the only one sporting one, but I must say, mine was complemented multiple times. Just saying. :)


We all took our seats, which we chose ourselves. My friend and I chose one toward the back for comfort since any seat in the small-ish restaurant was a good seat. (Little did we know what would happen in a matter of minutes.)


 We each had a "Danville" swag bag at our seats. Cookies from local eateries, gift cards from local businesses. Decent stuff. A nice surprise.


Here we are, patiently waiting for not more than 10 minutes. Seriously, we already had our tea and salad. We were quite comfortable. And then... Out of no where, just behind our heads...

 We heard, "Hey Guys!" Thinking it was the host or the restaurant manager checking on us. But no, it was Andy himself. We chatted... No biggie! :) My Friend Dan and Andy had a moment regarding a past twitter post- Andy remembered, it was fun to watch.

Then he was just waiting to be announced, right next to me. No zoom necessary on my camera phone. Just hanging out with Andy....

We listened to a fun interview with a local broadcaster, and then he took questions from the crowd. He dished some gossip and then it was time for the book signing. I also took a pic of the drink menu (below) notice the names of the signature drinks. Perfection.

Here we are, at the book signing. He took a picture with everyone which I thought was so kind. And when I walked up, he said, and I quote, "Hey Side Pony!" Yesssss... :)


It was such a fun day, and I couldn't have asked to spend it with a more fun friend, Dan. Great memories. I'm not the "superfan" type, but I had a great time. Andy was so much how is he on TV which I really appreciated. It was like meeting a friend. He was so approachable, not "celebrity-ish." 


I highly recommend his book, "Most Talkative" on sale now. I haven't put it down since I got it!



Have a wonderful weekend everyone! And as Andy would say "Mazel!"



post signature

12 comments:

  1. sooo jealous! I love THE Andy Cohen! ahh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO fun! I still have a hard time believing it happened! I feel like he's my friend. ;)

      Delete
  2. Ha, that's amazing! Glad you had fun, and you are rockin' that side pony :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! My friend Kelly at MessyDirtyHair sent me. I look forward to following you!

    xo,

    Lady Grace
    www.LadyElizabethGrace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by! I just checked out your blog and I love it! I'm your newest follower!

      Delete
  4. I am so jealous! I love, love, love Andy Cohen. My friend and I always joke that we're going to drunk dial Watch What Happens Live and that will lead to our instant best friendship with Andy! My cousin has a friend who worked (works?) for Bravo and said that Andy is oh so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seriously is oh so fab. So real. It was a wonderful experience! Try drunk dialing... see what happens!? :)

      Delete
  5. How fun! I love that he said something about your side pony - your outfit was fantastic! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how fun!! And your side pony is really great- it deserves multiple compliments :)

    ReplyDelete

 
custom blog design